Health & Social Care
BTEC Level 2 First Certificate in Health and Social Care
This is a full-time Post 16 course that fits around GCSE Maths and English retakes. Alongside the course, students will complete a minimum of 60 hours of work experience in a relevant health and social care setting.
What does the course involve?
- Complete a minimum of 60 hours of work experience in a relevant health and social care setting
- Explore human growth and development through the life stages
- Investigate factors that affect human growth and development and consider how nature and nurture affect development
- Explore the care values that underpin current practice in health and social care
- Explore the effects of a healthy and unhealthy diet on health and wellbeing and consider the nutritional needs of individuals
- Plan and implement appropriate creative and therapeutic activities in a health and social care setting
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through two externally assessed exams and six course work units.
This one year course is equivalent to two GSCE’s. On completion of this course, you may choose to enter employment or progress to a level 3 course here at Exmouth Community College.
What qualifications do I need to get onto the course?
4 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade 3 with two being English and Maths.
Subject specific entry requirements or recommendations:
A GSCE or BTEC in Health and Social Care or Child Development is helpful but certainly not essential. What is most important is that you have a keen interest in people and enjoy being around people and helping people.