BTEC Level 2 CACHE: Early Years Practitioner Diploma
Are you interested in a career working with children? Do you want the opportunity to broaden your knowledge and understanding of the early years sector and develop your skills working in the early years sector?
- Complete a minimum of 250 hours working in an authorised early years setting and learn about different job roles, responsibilities and career pathways in the early years sector
- Learn about five different areas of development – physical, cognitive, language, emotional and social – and how they are linked
- Explore how early years settings use play to promote children’s learning and development at different ages and stages
- Learn about the general principles that underpin work in early years settings and ways in which adults in settings work with children and their families
- Explore different factors that affect children’s behaviour and the role of adults in early years settings in encouraging children to develop positive behaviour
- Develop your understanding of how to keep children safe in early years settings by reducing the risk of accidents and infections
How will I be assessed?
The course is 100% coursework based across 14 units.
This one-year course is equivalent to two GSCE’s. On completion of this course you may choose to enter employment or progress to a Level 3 course here at Exmouth Community College.
What qualifications do I need to get onto the course?
5 GCSEs grade 3 or above including English Language and Mathematics.
A GSCE or BTEC in Health and Social Care is helpful but certainly not essential. What is most important is that you like children and want to learn about how children grow and develop.
Contact: Mrs Rawles