Uniform and Personal Appearance
It also presents a positive image of our College and students, to both the local and wider community. All students in Years 7 to 11 are expected to wear our uniform correctly.
From September 2023, students will be required to wear full uniform every day and change into PE kit for lessons.
In any circumstances where there is a question about the suitability of any item of uniform or the personal appearance of a student then the Principal's decision will be final.
All items of College uniform must be worn correctly. Any non-uniform items will be confiscated for the day if worn.
OUR COLLEGE UNIFORM
College Jumper - Navy V-neck, with crest from approved supplier. Jumpers must be worn at all times unless students are given permission to remove them by a member of staff. The hem of the jumper must be visible.
Trousers - Banner Signature trousers - Contemporary or Classic fit
Skirt - Banner Designer pleated skirt - Contemporary or Classic fit
Shorts - Banner shorts are permitted
Tie - The tie must have the correct (2022/23) coloured stripe for your child's relevant year group and be worn with 5 stripes below the knot.
(Year 7 students keep the same colour tie for their 5 years in KS3&4)
Non Branded items
Shirt - A plain white shirt or blouse with tailored collar, buttoned to the neck with the top button done up, which must be tucked into trousers or skirt at all times. Shirts must not be rolled up to avoid any exposure of the back or torso.
Shoes - Leather or synthetic leather, all black flat shoes with no other colours, which can be polished. No high or mid top shoes or boots allowed.
Socks - Plain black without logos, not above the knee and not below the ankle. Black, opaque tights without extra socks worn.
Coat and Bag – all students must have a bag for books/kit and a warm/waterproof coat. Only one warm and waterproof coat can be worn during the College day.
PE Kit Required for ALL students
College PE kit branded items from September 2023
- Branded PE T-Shirt (purple)
- Approved College ¼ Zip Top from uniform suppliers
College PE kit non-branded items from September 2023
- Black College shorts (including 2 in 1 athletic shorts) - Plain Black similar style - (small logo only) - No cycling shorts (Nike pro)
- Long black football socks
- Short black trainer socks
- Suitable training shoes - Air force 1 are not allowed for lessons.
- Gumshield - will be needed for hockey and rugby lessons
- Shin pads - will be needed for hockey and football lessons
The following kit is optional for all years:
- Football boots - will be needed for fixtures
- Plain black tracksuit trouser (small logos only) - full white stripes not allowed.
- Suitable quality non-see-through black leggings (small logo).
- Plain black base layer
- Dark coat if wet
Other requirements regarding appearance
Hair: Hair must be neat and tidy in a conventional style and of a colour that appears natural. We would like to remind parents and carers that we do not allow students to have their hair cut below a grade 1 or to have very extreme differences in hair length, for example tramlines, skin fades and mullets are not allowed.
Make-up: No make-up or nail varnish may be worn by any student in Years 7-11
(This includes: false eyelashes, false nails and painted eyebrows, none of which are allowed).
Jewellery: No jewellery may be worn except for one small stud in each lower ear lobe. Students will be asked to remove any other jewellery which will be kept safe for them by staff during the remainder of the day on the first occasion and five days on the second occasion and thereafter. Rings may not be worn.
Smart Watches: are not permitted at College.
Bracelets and Necklaces: No bracelets / necklaces may be worn (except Medicare bracelets/necklaces).
Body Piercings: No visible body piercing is allowed.
Students may not wear:
- Canvas, open toed or backless shoes
- Leggings, jeggings or jeans
- Denim jackets
- Leather jackets
- Tube skirts
- Jeans, flared trousers, chinos, combat trousers. Trousers with rivets or studs, drain pipe or low waist trousers.
- Hoodies, including zip up hoodies or similar articles that could act as external coats.
- Gilets (sleeveless padded jackets)
- Socks that are any other colour than black (no logos please)
- Socks worn over tights
- Boots (including high/midtops) or trainers (except for PE -high/midtops may not be worn for PE)
- Hats, except if medical reasons documented to the College
- No tattoos or body art
Some items listed above will be kept safe for students by staff during the remainder of the day if worn.
Students should not wear their coat instead of a jumper.
If they do so they will be asked to remove their coat and place it in their bag. If they repeatedly wear their coat instead of a jumper then the coat will be confiscated. If the jumper has been lost it should be replaced as soon as possible and a note from parents or carers given to the child to present to the member of staff if questioned.
Staff will use their professional judgement to decide if a coat can be taken off based on the weather conditions.
All the uniform, except shoes, is available to purchase from two uniform suppliers:
Proserve Group Unit 3, Dinan Way Trading Estate, Exmouth EX8 4RS
Ship Shape 16-18 Albion Hill, Exmouth, EX 1JL
If you need support with uniform - please contact the Exmouth Uniform Exchange, email: firstname.lastname@example.org who provide uniform for free to those in need.