D'you want to know where real magic lives? It lives within the pages of books. Reading for fun can change who you are and who you can be. (Malorie Blackman)
The College Library System - Accessit
The College uses AccessIt. It is accessible via a tile on Rmunify . You will not need a password.
The library at ECC is a lively and vibrant facility that supports learning across the college
Our librarians, Mrs Burrows and Mrs Hatchard, provide a welcoming and supportive environment to encourage students to improve their literacy skills, develop confidence and enjoy reading.
The college has developed a strong reading culture, all lessons start with 5 minutes reading and students should have a reading book in their school bag every day.
Before, during and after school students can browse and borrow our extensive resources, read in our comfortable seating areas, undertake research and complete homework. Top Trumps and Brain Box games are available at break and lunchtime.
What We Have To Offer
- Over 30,000 fiction and non-fiction books to choose from, across a wide range of genres and authors, including graphic, manga, cartoon and comic strip books
- We run the Accelerated Reader Scheme for all Key Stage 3 & Year 10 students
- Free ebooks and audiobooks for all students via the Sora App
- A large collection of DVDs are available to borrow, free of charge
- Students can borrow up to 4 books for 3 weeks and 1 DVD for 3 nights at a time
- We regularly refresh our stock with new and exciting titles/authors and are committed to improving diversity with an expanding selection of BAME and LGBTQ+ themed books
- 13 computer stations available for homework, AR quizzing and school-related Internet based research
- Regular library sessions for all English sets across KS3 and Year 10
- Dedicated librarians to offer advice, recommendations and support to students from all year groups-we are here to help!
- KS3, Year 10+ and Adult Fiction sections
- Comfy seats/bean bags to read and relax in
- Fun and exciting displays and frequent competitions with fantastic prizes-take a look at our 'What's On' and 'Competition Time!' pages in the drop-down menu to the left
- A "Suggestions Box" for students to request new resources
- Popular author visits and workshops
- World Book Week and other exciting events throughout the year that students can participate in
- The library hosts Homework and Study Support Monday-Thursday 3-4pm for all KS3 students, which is staffed by Learning Mentors, to help with homework tasks
- A photocopier and printer for student use