BTEC Technical: Engineering
What will I study?
This is an exciting new course that builds on the approach of ‘learning by doing’. The course is designed to give you the technical knowledge and skills in techniques and processes to allow you to gain employment or further study in the field of engineering. During this one year course you will cover vital industry knowledge employers say learners need within mandatory units. Specialise with optional units that allow you to follow real situation briefs. You will be expected to draw on and apply all your learning to a real-life situation.
You must achieve at least a Pass in every unit. The units you will study are:
- Engineering Principles –on screen test.
- Processes and Materials-on screen test.
- Business Improvement Techniques-practical assignment.
- Workshop Skills -practical assignment.
- Delivering Engineering Solutions-practical assignment.
- Machining Techniques-practical assignment.
- PCB Components and Soldering-practical assignment.
You will have plenty of opportunities to engage with local employers, workplace-based activities, guest lectures and have practitioners setting and marking assignments.
What qualifications do I need?
Four Grade 3 GCSE’s
Contact: Mr Greaves