"D'you want to know where real magic lives? It lives within the pages of books. Reading for fun can change who you are and who you can be." Malorie Blackman.
We are working hard to open the library to ensure all students can borrow resources safely. Please check this page regularly for updates on our service.
World Book Day
The Masked Reader: Can you guess which teacher is reading a few lines from Happy Potter?
Welcome To The Library
(Please note the following are subject to change due to Covid-19 restrictions)
Revised Opening Times
From 8am until registration
After school until 3.45pm
Year 7, Monday
Year 8, Tuesday
Year 9, Wednesday
Year 10, Thursday
Year 11 and Post-16, Friday (break 1 and 2 only)
We ask students to wear face coverings at all times when in the library.
Books can be returned to the book boxes outside the library and in the English block.
ECC's library is a lively and vibrant facility that supports learning across the college. Our librarians, Mrs Burrows and Mrs Goodair, provide a welcoming and supportive environment to encourage students to improve their literacy skills, develop confidence and enjoy reading.
The college has developed a strong reading culture, all lessons start with 5 minutes reading and students should have a reading book in their school bag everyday.
Before, during and after school students can browse and borrow our extensive resources, read in our comfortable seating areas, undertake research and complete homework. Top Trumps and Brain Box games are available at break and lunchtime.
What We Have To Offer
- Over 30,000 fiction and non fiction books to choose from, across a wide range of genres and authors, including graphic, manga, cartoon and comic strip books
- We run the Accelerated Reader Scheme for all Key Stage 3 & Year 10 students
- Free ebooks and audio books for all students via the Sora App
- A large collection of DVDs are available to borrow, free of charge
- Students can borrow up to 4 books for 3 weeks and 1 DVD for 3 nights at a time
- We regularly refresh our stock with new and exciting titles/authors and are commited to improving diversity with an expanding selection of BAME and LGBTQ+ themed books
- 13 computer stations available for homework, AR quizzing and school-related internet based research
- Regular library sessions for all English sets across KS3 and Year 10
- Dedicated librarians to offer advice, recommendations and support to students from all year groups-we are here to help!
- KS3, Year 10+ and Adult Fiction sections
- Comfy seats/bean bags to read and relax in
- Fun and exciting displays and frequent competitions with fantastic prizes-take a look at our 'What's On' and 'Competition Time!' pages in the drop down menu to the left
- A "Suggestions Box" for students to request new resources
- Popular author visits and workshops
- World Book Week and other exciting events through out the year that students can participate in
- The library hosts Homework and Study Support Monday-Thursday 3-4pm for all KS3 students, which is staffed by Learning Mentors, to help with homework tasks
- A photocopier and printer for student use
Can I view the Library catalogue on line?
You can browse all the books and resources in the College Library, renew, reserve and write book reviews by logging in via the intranet homepage on RMUnify here, and following the link to Eclipse Library System.
When are we open?
Term time only:
Monday to Friday: 08:15 - 3.15pm
Homework Club, Monday to Thursday: 15:00 - 16:00