Key Stage 3
We will build on skills learnt in the primary schools, teach a range of new skills and also give the students the opportunity to refine more complex movements and sequences. Within activities, students will experience a variety of roles and be helped to plan, perform and appraise sequences of movement created by themselves and others.
All students are made aware of sportsmanship, fair play and the importance of team work. Students are also made fully aware of the safety requirements of each activity and the necessity for safe practice at all times. They will be shown how to prepare for particular activities and how to recover afterwards, the value of exercise in establishing and maintaining health and how to continue with a variety of sporting activities in local clubs within the community.
The new secondary KS3 curriculum at Exmouth Community College is more than just a revised programme of study.
At its heart is a new curriculum planned and designed that promotes:
* Increased flexibility to make the curriculum more coherent for learners
* Opportunity to tailor / customise / and make more impact on the learner
* Whole curriculum design (aims, subjects, skills, personal development, cross-curricular dimensions).
The curriculum will enable all young people to become:
1. Successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve
2. Confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
3. Responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society