Advice to all parents & carers - Single Confirmed Case
Following Mr Davis’ announcement on the 3rd July that a student tested positive for Covid-19, he has been asked to forward the following letter from Public Health England to all Staff, Parents and Carers.
We have been advised by Public Health England that there has been a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the school.
We are continuing to monitor the situation and are working closely with Public Health England. This letter is to inform you of the current situation and provide advice on how to support your child. Please be reassured that for most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.
The school remains open and, providing your child remains well, they can continue to attend school as normal. We will keep this under review.
What to do if your child develops symptoms of COVID 19
If your child develops symptoms of COVID-19, you should organise for your child to be tested via the NHS online portal or by calling 119. Your household should isolate until you receive the test results giving the all clear.
Symptoms of COVID 19
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
- new continuous cough and/or
- high temperature and/or
- a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.
How to stop COVID-19 spreading
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with COVID-19
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
Further information is available at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
(written by Public Health England - template letter sent to Principal Andrew Davis)