King's College London Medicine and Dentistry Lecture Series 2023
Applications close for our upcoming online and free King’s College London Medicine and Dentistry Lecture Series 2023.
This programme is for students across the UK in Year 11, 12, and 13 who have only attended non-selective state schools since age 11 and are interested in becoming a doctor or dentist. Please circulate this opportunity to students who you think will be interested.
Over the course of the 14 lecture programme students will hear from a variety of speakers to help them make the best application to medicine or dentistry possible! Last year’s lectures included the following:
· Medical and dental specialities: cardiology, prosthodontics, renal transplant, and many more!
· Q&As each week with current medical and dental students as well as a lecture dedicated to the student experience.
· A session on other careers in healthcare with six professionals currently working and teaching in the sector (nursing, dietetics, clinical science, etc.)
· September Q&A with key admissions colleagues in the schools of medicine and dentistry at KCL and UCL.
· Lectures on the application process: the UCAT, personal statements, and interviews.
Lectures will be held on Tuesday evenings at 6-7.15pm and will run in blocks of three throughout 2023. The first three lectures will take place on the 31st January, 7th February, and 14th February. The remaining three blocks of lectures will take place in Spring and Summer.
For more information and to apply, students should follow this link. The deadline to apply is next week Friday 16th December 2022.
I hope to see lots of your students there! Students should apply using this form here.