Tom Browning: Head Chef Lewtrenchard Manor
Thursday 23/01/2020: Using pheasants donated to the college Tom taught students to prepare the birds and make pheasant stroganoff.
Monday 27/01/2020: Tom did a two hour demonstration showing students how to prepare the following restaurant dishes:
- Scotch eggs with a homemade mustard mayonnaise.
- Ballotine of venison with blackberry sauce and parsnips
- Pistachio custard, served on pistachio crumble and poached rhubarb, topped with candied pistachio.
- Apple and pear tart tatin served a dark chocolate sauce.
- Lemon posset and Chantilly cream
A huge thank you to Tom for sharing his skills and wisdom, inspiring students to continue creating new dishes and expand their own techniques.