Achievement for all
College Supporters and Partners
You can see many of those who have supported our work in some way by the logos displayed on this page. Our database includes hundreds of supporters but this page shows only a selection of them..
We work with:
At Exmouth Community College we are committed to work with and for the local community. We want to forge links which extend the possibilities for our students and to broaden the wealth of qualifications and experiences we can offer.
We believe that “Every Child Counts” and that the community and local business can play a part.
Our aim is to ensure that the young people of the area are better qualified, better informed and better equipped for the world of work and higher education. We invite you to have a role in that work helping us to provide courses and learning opportunities to increase and develop the skills of young people.
Business & Community Liaison
Modern schools have an extensive role to play within the community. No longer are they solely tasked with academic development in the traditional subject areas. A successful Community College will reflect the needs of local people, the business community and work to develop courses and programmes of benefit for all. In turn, the community has much to offer schools: expertise in the workplace, adult maturity to support and encourage students; joint projects for the benefit off all and much more.
Exmouth Community College has a good working relationship with the community and has been involved in projects which broaden the opportunities for students and community alike.
Stakeholders and Partners. Stakeholders include parents/carers, students, governors and the community: all those who contribute to the ethos and development of the College.
Partners are those who, although not directly connected to the College become involved in some way to contribute to and improve the opportunities and education provided by the College.
About the Partnership Scheme.
The College is seeking partners from the local and wider community: for example, businesses, organisations and individuals prepared to work alongside us. There are a range of opportunities to become a partner and be involved in the vital “industry” of education. Involvement in any of the following will be seen as working as a partner. As you can see there are options suitable to individuals, businesses and clubs and groups.
These are examples of working with the College which brings partnership
· Offering multiple Work Placements for Work Experience week and the Vocational Programmes in operation at the College.
· Offering Enterprise Learning opportunities to the students at the College
· Sponsor of a team, event, innovation or department within the College.
· Sponsoring/part sponsoring new opportunities for students such as paying for speakers, bursaries, sports kit
· Assisting the College in some way such as providing a free or discounted service
· Offering work placements for Vocational courses and Work Experience week.
· Liaising with the College to explore the possibilities of Enterprise Learning opportunities or involvement in vocational training.
· Will have offered one or more work placements to our students.
· Visit College to talk in class or at an assembly
· Advising staff regarding the development of vocational courses in your area of expertise
· Provide an educational experience
· Provide enterprise learning opportunities at the College
· Sitting on a consultative committee two or three times a year to contribute to College self evaluation process
· Sponsoring small awards for individuals a s part of our awards scheme. This could be a whole college, sports or year group award or one of your choice.
· Inviting a class to visit your business and work premises as part of their curriculum studies.
· Mentoring students for a few hours per year to help and encourage them
(usually 16 – 18 year old students)
· Work with the College to raise money for charity
· Take students in the workplace on work experience
· Support the work of the parent teacher organisation in some way
· Assist in sports training
To find out more, contact Richard Childs
Tel: 01395 255730
Students at Flybe Training Academy